EXEMPTED MICRO-ENTERPRISE -EME:
- Any enterprise with an annual total revenue of R10 million or less qualifies as an Exempted Micro-Enterprise
- An EME is deemed to have a B-BBEE status of ‘Level Four Contributor’ having a B-BBEE recognition level of 100% .
- The enhanced B-BBEE recognition level for EMEs is that an EME which is 100% Black Owned qualifies for elevation to ‘Level One Contributor having a B-BBEE recognition level of 135%
B-BBEE RECOGNITION LEVELS FOR QSEs:
- QSE which is 100% Black Owned qualifies for a Level One B-BBEE Contributor
- A QSE which is at least 51% Black Owned qualifies for level two B-BBEE recognition level
- Any misrepresentation on annual total revenue and level of black ownership constitute a criminal offence as set out in the B-BBEE Act as amended.